The next best thing to an in-person fashion internship.
Fashion Career Accelerator is a six-week, online experience to give you a deep-dive, inside look into the remarkably competitive world of fashion. With the role of a fashion stylist as the foundation of the course, you will learn how to align yourself for a career in the fashion and entertainment industry, and get the resume experience needed to position yourself for coveted jobs.
You're going to learn:
• What does a fashion stylist actually do?
• How does a red carpet look come together from A to Z?
• Where do all of the clothes come from?
• How do I reach out to designers and showrooms? What do I say?
• What is the difference between styling someone for the red carpet and an editorial photoshoot?
• What skills can I start honing now to set myself up for success?
• I don’t know anyone in the fashion industry - how do I get my foot in the door?
• How can I start building a portfolio if I don’t have access to photographers, models, or high-end clothes?
• Do I need to study fashion in college in order to purse a career in fashion?
• Besides styling, what other careers are there in fashion?
• What does a fashion publicist do?
• How do I get a job at a magazine?
• There are so many positions at a magazine. How do I know what each person does?
What does this look like?
• Weekly live and interactive workshop sessions with Andrew (June 8 – July 13, every Tuesday from 8pm – 9:15pm ET)
• One 45-minute individual session with Andrew to map out career goals, develop an achievable and strategic action plan, and ask questions
• Weekly live office hours with Andrew to ask your specific questions (every Thursday from 8-9pm ET)
• Recorded video interviews with guest speakers from top professionals in the fashion community, including magazine editors, VIP fashion publicists, buyers, Art Directors, and more.
• Weekly assignments and worksheets, ranging from building your own action plan, case studies, creating an original and attention-grabbing moodboard, among others.
• Email templates for networking outreach
• Informational interview guide
• Resume templates
• Comprehensive material outlining must-know industry figures and organizations
Past speakers include:
• Creative Director, Cosmopolitan
• Costume Designer, Saturday Night Live
• Art Director, Glamour, Allure, Self
• VIP Public Relations Coordinator, Coach
• Beauty Editor
• Sales Executive, Re/done
• And many more